MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing the link..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

[Image: ScreenShot026.jpg]

How do I make it so that clicking the link would go to forum.php, not index.php?

I changed the index and portal, so that the portal is on the frontpage. Therefore, when I go to index.php, I am at the portal.

Regards,
LPX
In global.php, around line 355, you should find this:
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";
Replace with:
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/forum.php";
I'd rather know what the template file is, cause I've tried what you told me to, and I get an error.

Thanks
There is no template file for it. If your getting an error, then you did it wrong.
I can view the site, but I get an error at the top of every page:

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/lpxxfain/public_html/global.php:1) in /home/lpxxfain/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 1121"

I've made sure that the line is correct.

This is my index page:

<?php

header("Location: http://www.zuneboards.com/portal.php");
exit();

?>

Let me know,
Thanks
you've got characters before <?php. Remove them.
But every other page shows the error as well.
You got a whitespace or more at the top of global.php. You need to remove it. Or something else php considers as output.
I don't understand... everything was fine before the 1.2.2 upgrade. I can't seem to imagine anything wrong. There is no whitespace, for nothing has been changed except "index.php" to "forum.php"

Thanks,
LPX

edit: Thanks for your help guys! I was playing around with it more, and I found out that it had something to do with my FTP program. I tried editing the file with cPanel, and voila! It works. Smile