MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How i can change my group id to super admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How i can change my group id to super admin. currently i am administrator and my group id is 4. i want to change this to 1.
It is not at all recommended. You should leave the default groups of MyBB as is.
group id 1 is for guests. To make you account super admin which it may already be go to the /inc/config.php file and find this line
$config['super_admins'] = '1';
Add the 1 if it is not already there but again I think it already is.
but i want to change so that i will be able to view private shouts of other users.
(2013-07-23, 12:41 PM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]group id 1 is for guests. To make you account super admin which it may already be go to the /inc/config.php file and find this line
Add the 1 if it is not already there but again I think it already is.

That 1 is user ID, not group ID.
/inc/config.php does'nt contain that superadmin line.
config.php is all about database configuraton.

ok i found this $config['super_admins'] = '1';
now my group id is 4 and i am administrator , i want to see private shouts of all users but i can't. tell me what should i do?
^ recheck ./inc/config.php file and if the line does not exist then you can add it
and i aslo want to see my admins logs with details. Tools & Maintenance>Administrator Logs . . these logs are not detailed.
^ available logs should be sufficient for maintenance of a forum.
Well, if you insist then:
Run this query:

UPDATE  `mybb_usergroups`
SET gid = CASE WHEN gid = 1 THEN 99 
            WHEN gid =4 THEN 1
          END
WHERE gid IN (1,4)

Run again:
UPDATE  `mybb_usergroups` SET  `gid` =  '4' WHERE  `gid` =99;

This will make your guest group id as 4 and administrator group id as 1 in database.

But again, take proper db backup before doing that as I feel something is going to be messed up.
Again: It is not recommended.
Pages: 1 2