MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reply to own threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

i know there is the "can only view own threads" permissions-view option, but i would like to have a "can only reply to own threads" permissions-posting/rating too, so the user can still view all threads but only reply to the own thread.

Best Regards,
k1R@
I like this suggestion.
Sure +1 - I can think of several good ideas that can result with this permission Smile.
I agree, I'd like to see this added.Big Grin
I'd like to see this added too!
Glad you like it Big Grin
Can you provide a use case? This doesn't encourage discussion but in fact does the opposite. I can't really think of a good reason to have a forum where only you can reply to your own threads. For moderators this is already possible by closing the thread.
For a application forum as example.
I wanted to make the "application forum" public, so everyone could see and read all the applications but only the applicant is able to reply. And the mods/admins ofc. (Just not hidden.)

I think it won't do any harm to add it.
I think it would be better as a plugin as it's such a specific need. It could be solved socially with rules, technically with moderation, or even both.
I think there are more ways to use such a feature. Some as follow:
  • If you have a forum for maybe homework help. Only you and a certain group can reply while others can search up the thread anytime in future for help.
  • Create a blog sort of a forum or even a forum where people can post stories. EX: Create storylines.
  • Forum News

There off course are many more ways to use this feature.
Pages: 1 2 3