MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: unfamiliar css codes [for me] !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody, I want to know what is the usage of these codes? plz tell the exact usage.

.editor{
background:#f1f1f1;
border:1px solid #ccc}

.editor_control_bar{
background:#fff;
border:1px solid #0f5c8e}

.autocomplete{
background:#fff;
border:1px solid #000;
color:#000;
text-align:left}

.autocomplete_selected{
background:#adcee7;
color:#000}

.forum_legend dd{
float:right;
margin-right:10px}

.forum_legend dt{
float:right;
margin-right:10px}

.thread_legend dd{
margin-left:15px;
padding-bottom:4px}

.thread_legend img{
margin-left:4px;
vertical-align:bottom}

.success_message{
font-size:10px; 
font-weight:bold; 
margin-bottom:10px;
color:#00b200}

.error_message{
font-size:10px; 
font-weight:bold; 
margin-bottom:10px;
color:#C00} 

Thanks
1. Editor is when you creating a new thread or new reply(Not through quick reply), the box you see with Bold, Italic, Center, Font, etc is called the Editor.

2. Autocomplete is when you have something saved in your browser such as your address or if you have typed it out once then if you are typing the same thing on MyBB, it show a autocomplete sign in a dropdown.

3. Forum legends are these (http://puu.sh/3JMMv.png)

4. Thread legends are these (http://puu.sh/3JMNQ.png)

5. Success message is when you are trying submit something, it will show a message saying the action was successful.

6. Error message is when you trying do something and if that action is incomplete or was unable to process it would show a message.

All the codes above are used to customize the layout of those elements.
Thanks Arbaz & .m. .
I know what editor is Smile , What I don't know is what is the usage of these (editor) codes, Because when I remove them I don't see any changes.

For autocomplete can you give an example, Also I know what you mean but again i don't see any changes when I remove these codes.

Is error_message related to "Friendly Redirection Pages"?
The usage of the editor code is I believe the area where you type in the message. You can change the colors around for that box.

Here's an example of autocomplete: http://www.maximumpc.com/files/u46168/go...mplete.jpg

For error_message: No it's not Friendly Redirection Pages. It's just when you send someone a PM and right after that you send another PM within the time limit then you get a message saying you have to wait X number of seconds. Try it on your forum, You'll see.
Thank you very much Arbaz, All have been solved but one:

Quote:For error_message: No it's not Friendly Redirection Pages. It's just when you send someone a PM and right after that you send another PM within the time limit then you get a message saying you have to wait X number of seconds. Try it on your forum, You'll see.

I check it, Indeed that's error class, I mean this class:

div.error {
	padding: 5px 10px;
	border-top: 2px solid #FFD324;
	border-bottom: 2px solid #FFD324;
	background: #FFF6BF;
	font-size: 12px;
}

div.error p {
	margin: 0;
	color: #000;
	font-weight: normal;
}

not

.success_message {
	color: #00b200;
	font-weight: bold;
	font-size: 10px;
	margin-bottom: 10px;
}

.error_message {
	color: #C00;
	font-weight: bold;
	font-size: 10px;
	margin-bottom: 10px;
}

class.
When I'm up to late, that's what happens to me lol (Sleepy mind).

.success_message is used as the AJAX inline success message.

.error_message is also used for the AJAX inline error message.