MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom profile field in postbit and..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i have made a custom profile field once and would like to make it shown on postbit for everyone.

and how could i make this custom profile field shown on the register form, so when they register, they can set their xfire name and it will be shown on the profile.

How would i do that?

> [attachment=29811]

Thanks & Regards,
k1R@
templates > postbit_author_user

add this.

<b>Xfire: </b>{$post['fid3']}<br/>

where it says fid3 go to configuration > custom profile fields

all your custom fields will be there, find out which id the xfire one is and replace the number.

oh and to make it on the registration page go to configuration > custom profile fields then edit your xfire field and at the bottom it says "required" click yes. they will then have to enter it on signing up to your forum.
Ok thanks, first matter worked well but about the second, i would like to make it optional not required.

How do i make that?
If you want it to appear on register page but not required as solution above, download this plugin: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=1271 (need also this).
Then in Configuration -> Custom Profile Fields -> XFire there will appear "Display On Registration Page" setting, set it to Yes.

Then you'll be also able to style the output (like add link to XFire profile or link to add to friend) by editing "Display Format".
Thank you.