MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extraneous user feedback and information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to understand the logic of what seems to be extraneous dialog boxes. For example, when performing a search, does it really make sense to put out a dialog box telling the user that their request has been submitted and they are being redirected to a list of answers first, and then showing the results page? Seems to me it is logical that if supplied with the results page directly the user would know their search request had been submitted and likewise if supplied with a page that says "search produced no results" would know that their search failed.

I just find this extra dialog box superfluous and think the developers should consider removing it.
It's a remnant from the old days when it was better to tell people their stuff was submitted instead of having them make a bazillion clicks until the page started to load.

It can be disabled by searching for the "Friendly Redirects" setting in the ACP. It's also an option in the User CP.
(2013-07-23, 10:02 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]It's a remnant from the old days when it was better to tell people their stuff was submitted instead of having them make a bazillion clicks until the page started to load.

It can be disabled by searching for the "Friendly Redirects" setting in the ACP. It's also an option in the User CP.

Got it...thanks.
No problem, I didn't understand the logic either until probably a little over 6 months ago. Wink