MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two Members Regular IP's are Suddenly Disallowed, but there are No Records of it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two members who are not banned have had their regular IP's disallowed with absolutely no record of it.

Their IP's don't show up in the banned IP table.

I thought perhaps it was Akismet, so I uninstalled it, but that did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions would be welcome

TIA!
Jay
Do you use Cloudflare? Probably they are banned through Cloudflare.

Also, did you ban any IP ranges from accessing your forum?
(2013-07-24, 12:32 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use Cloudflare? Probably they are banned through Cloudflare.

Also, did you ban any IP ranges from accessing your forum?

Thanks for the response!
Nope, no cloudflare. As far as ranges, we've unbanned everything from that particular range.
Can't really pinpoint what would be causing it as I've thoroughly gone through the "usual suspects" Akismet, banned IP's and ranges, .htaccess.
I'm stumped. Undecided
Double check with your host.

Also, what message do they get when those members try visiting your website?
most probably it is the Akismet which is unreliable for MyBB forum! IIRC, there are no direct controls to revert it
The message is the standard:

Quote:I'm sorry, but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access the forum. Please contact etc. etc.

We also changed the permissions for banned users so they can actually read, but not post. That apparently doesn't matter.

If this is Akismet ghosts, does anyone know of any way to rectify the problem?

Also, these users were on the Akismet "users to ignore" list.
Just uninstall Akismet completely. Also, what version of MyBB and Akismet are you using?

If you really want a solution, try contacting Aaron, they were apparently handed over the Akismet project.
(2013-07-24, 07:13 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Just uninstall Akismet completely. Also, what version of MyBB and Akismet are you using?

If you really want a solution, try contacting Aaron, they were apparently handed over the Akismet project.

It's version 1.6.6 and Akismet is 1.2.2. Thanks for the heads up on Aaron! Wink I'll contact him if worse comes to worse.
Was going to upgrade to 1.6.10 this weekend and now all the sudden I am in this dilemma with banned IP's that seem to be untraceable.
I recommend upgrading. It could help.