MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hate on Web Browsers Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2013-07-25, 02:09 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-24, 09:43 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Opera did a stupid update that makes it so it crashes constantly with specific javascripts such as Gmail scripts.

You sure that's not your end? Using Opera with Gmail works fine here.

What's your operating environment? Cuz I do social media marketing and make tons of gmail accounts on a weekly basis for my different clients, this thing happened with recent versions of opera. Googling it you'll find tons of others with the same issue. So I end up using the HTML version of gmail to make it work which might be what you're using.
I've never had a problem with Opera & Gmail, it's worked fine for me.
(2013-07-24, 07:51 PM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-24, 10:52 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-24, 09:43 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Firefox.. you've always been my favorite.. but also terrible in design.. but you're faithful and always work except for the occasional crashes and even after you crash, you give the option to restore the crashed session. And you have the best extensions a webbrowser can have.

Have you played with v25 nightly build of FireFox? It has a complete new design (much more Chrome like) & they plan to release it as a stable version this October.

Image:
http://s23.postimg.org/7ay9qs4e2/v25.jpg

Do you feel its the right move forward in terms of design?

Actually I really think that design is MUCH better, way to go firefox team! Now all we need is a way to use multiple login cookies for the same website in the same browser and I'll be good!

@Jammerx2 & @Ferron:
I completely agree! I think Opera really screwed the pooch with their latest update, it used to be a great browser and now they screwed it up. It's why I voted it my most hated browser right now... I'm totally resentful to their development team because they destroyed a good thing.

@all:
Safari doesn't work on Windows anymore? WHAT BS! Apple's gonna force web developers to buy Macs to just test their sites on Safari?! What an ahole move! Apple is going down hill since Steve passed away, Safari is now OSX only??? what BS!!!

Safari works up to version 5. Version 6+ is for macs only.
I'm currently using Opera Next (from the developer zone), which is an improvement from their official version by far even though it's in beta. They migrated to WebKit.

My least fave is FF - I've given up FF because it had too many crashes starting with v5.
(2013-07-25, 09:54 PM)Kaeden Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently using Opera Next (from the developer zone), which is an improvement from their official version by far even though it's in beta. They migrated to WebKit.

My least fave is FF - I've given up FF because it had too many crashes starting with v5.

I'm glad the Webkit version is better! I don't really want Opera to be almost a reskinned Chrome so I hope they add their own features. The last thing we need is a Webkit monoculture, though I don't think that'll happen.

And you should really try out Firefox again. I'm sure they've improved speed and stability with the many other versions that've come out. They're on version 22 right now so it should be at least somewhat better.
Pages: 1 2