MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: App & Plugin Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to make an app act as a notifier for a forum? Through either plugins or itself.

Wondering because in the near future, I will need to do that and need to plan ahead. Also, would it be possible to notify on other plugins? I.e. PM, MyAlerts, Awards, etc
Do you mean PM's, online/offline status, etc.? I think you can setup on your forum to receive an email about messages and you can use the Mail app on your phone so it notifies you via mobile if you received a message. I'm not sure about online status but maybe someone can develop a plugin for it.
(2013-07-24, 05:43 PM)fizit Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean PM's, online/offline status, etc.? I think you can setup on your forum to receive an email about messages and you can use the Mail app on your phone so it notifies you via mobile if you received a message. I'm not sure about online status but maybe someone can develop a plugin for it.

It would be a full notification system. Notifies you if someone posted on ur thread, quoted you, etc.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/myalerts <-- does that superbly
(2013-07-24, 06:02 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/view/myalerts <-- does that superbly

Exactly that but as a widget on your phone.
Oh my apologies.
No worries. So to clear things up, I am looking for a way of linking a plugin that is on the forum to an app/widget where when a user gets an alert from MyAlerts for example, it will notify on the phone through the app/widget.
It is possible, there is even 1 plugin but it notifies only about PM's - Tapatalk.

Making a new one would require coding a plugin for MyBB and apps for different type of phones.
Yes Tapatalk is the only one which works. It may be possible to make a xenforo like system which emails you.
It really would be fantastic if someone were to build an android/ios app specifically for MyBB!

The most important feature might easily be a personal notification system (linked to MyAlerts)! My users have definitely been looking for something like this!

Android would be the ideal platform considering its userbase, and there is no reason why people wouldn't pay for something as awesome as this!

So calling all app developers to please make this a reality!