MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: searching for a domain-sponsor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone.
I'm searching for a domain-sponsor for my new unique forum (forum-software is of course myBB).
Well, the forum has a unique topic. It's about celebrities, media and the showbusiness (esp. hollywood-stars) I already have a forumstructure and a few ideas for the site. There will be a section for famous singers, actors, teenager idols (for example justin bieber, rihanna, nicki minaj and all those teenager-idols). and i'm just searching for someone who is willing to buy me a .com or .net Domain. I know, a domain is not expensive, just 10$ or something like that, but i'm not able to buy a domain (because of my parents)
I already have plans to get many members, so i think the forum will be successful. Smile

So, if there is someone out there who has probably 10$ to spend so a 16-years-old teenager can realize his dream and planings, i would be very thankful. I'm a webmaster and i made much experience with websites and communitys, in the past i've owned a few forums, they were actually successful (one had around 600 members), but i had to give it up (no time). But now i'm back!
For my old projects, i also found domain-sponsors and i never had a problem with them!

as a reward, i'm willing to advertise for your site via image on the forum index, and also as a link in the footer.

thank you very much in advance!! I hope i will find someone!!
Why finding a sponsor?
Networksolution, 1&1, Namecheap offering domains as low as $0.50 - $0.99 currently.
Just dig around a little.
Can I ask what you are doing about hosting fees?
i already found a sponsor for a hosting Smile
just need a domain ... :/
@effone yeah but the problem is i can't do any payments in the internet ... no matter if 0.50 $ or 10.00 $
What's your age if i may ask?
I'm 16 years old Smile
I also posted this in the startpost btw
Quote:So, if there is someone out there who has probably 10$ to spend so a 16-years-old teenager can realize his dream and planings, i would be very thankful.
Difficult to find sponsors this way. Why would people trust you anyway? Why dont u get your site up on a .nz domain and if it looks good and is really unique you may get easy sponsors.

Well also if you are so sure on why dont you try teaming up with some person as a partner in your buisness?

Well I was 16 when I founded my first forum as a partnership but it failed to get traction, but today I started an individual project, and it has grown and flourished. I suggest talking with some registars who accept check payment. I know you can pay to godaddy via an order form instead of online payment.
And well you can get a domain in 10$ or so, so if you are good in theme making or troubleshooting why dont you offer your services for say 3$ or in exchange of a domain and make some money and then start it up.
I dont want to crush your dream mate, I hope to see your forum grow.
.... this doesn't make any sense to me... if you're 16... whoever is your guardian or if you can get work you could get your own domain for $5....
If you were asking help to get a $1000+ USD domain name for an established and profitable community then that would make sense.. but if you're not willing to invest yourself in your own project then why ask others? Further more you're asking in the wrong place.... if you have a project people want to support you should go to crowd funding as that platform is made for finding sponsors.
(2013-07-25, 11:08 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Why finding a sponsor?
Networksolution, 1&1, Namecheap offering domains as low as $0.50 - $0.99 currently.
Just dig around a little.
@ Tasker, if you can find such domain registrar (who accepts PayPal and not bound with credit card) then
PM me your credentials at that domain provider site (this is for the first year only)
Pages: 1 2