MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Category Total Thread and Post Counter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any plugin / code available which can display the total threads & posts counts under it?

I'm trying to develop the same, no, not a plugin, but using jQuery that can be implemented using simple template edits which will function at runtime. The reason of doing such is it will be handy to the theme designers.

The basic structure is coded and fiddled. But implementing in MyBB structure is a little tricky and I'll not exercise a brainstorm if it is already available ...
Just paste the following code in "forumbit_depth1_cat" template;
{$lang->forumbit_threads}: {$threads} {$lang->forumbit_lastpost}: {$posts}

just under the;
<div><strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong><br /><div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}</div></div>
or where you want it to show.
(2013-07-25, 10:01 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any plugin / code available which can display the total threads & posts counts under it?

I'm trying to develop the same, no, not a plugin, but using jQuery that can be implemented using simple template edits which will function at runtime. The reason of doing such is it will be handy to the theme designers.

The basic structure is coded and fiddled. But implementing in MyBB structure is a little tricky and I'll not exercise a brainstorm if it is already available ...

Are you trying to output mybb data (thread/post count) using jQuery ? Or maybe I'm not understanding your post correctly ?
{$facepalm}

Stupid me. Coded a whole lot for no reason!!! :p
http://jsfiddle.net/effone/9aAwp/

Thanks Sultan Smile