MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Error - Different
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

So I have had MyBB installed on my server for a while, whilst I developed the rest of it, parts of my website require information from mybb, so they need to be logged in to use other parts of my website. For that reason I had set the cookie path to "/" instead of "/forums/" where the forums are actually located.

During installation I kept it "/forums/" then later changed it to "/", both without quotes.

This worked for while, I would log in and out fine of both my forums and ACP on all parts of my website.

Until recently, I'm not sure what caused it specifically, but the actions that I took before it stop working were (in this order) :

* Cleared cookies
* Added a usergroup
* Added 2 categories and 3 forums
* Changed usergroup's username format

What exactly is happening is relatively unknown to me, I know that when I log in, I get a sid and two other irrelevant cookies but as soon as I am redirected to whether I was those cookies are gone.

Here's a screenshot of my cookies just before the login redirects me :

[Image: 3Lqqu.png]

And here's a screenshot of my cookies after redirection (note the missing session id cookie) :

[Image: 3Lqsq.png]

Also note that I tested changing the cookie path back to "/forums/" in these images as I had no other ideas, this though was not helpful and did not change anything.

I have looked around this forum for related problems, but couldn't find any, the stickied thread in this category that seemed most relevant not only did not help my case, but was considerably different to my problem.

In my case the ACP works too, which is rather puzzling.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

My forums are here, if it helps.