MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: trying to install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi there i have hosting and a domain name can i still install mybb1.6 and how do i put it on my server thanks
what i mean i have domain name and hosting can i use them i use filezilla so do i just put it in there
If your hosting has cPanel, then press CTRL+F on your keyboard & search for "Softac" without quotes. When you find it, Click it. It will open a list of Categories of Softwares. Find the Category Forums or Community (dont remember, lol) Click it & a drop-down will appear. Just select "MyBB" there & fill in your board info, etc & it will be installed.
Yes. There are no domain or hosting restrictions with MyBB. Filezilla will work perfectly for uploading.
coud tell me when i type in m dman all getis

Index of /

Name Last modified Size Description

directory mybb 26-Jul-2013 19:16 -
Proudly Served by LiteSpeed Web Server at www.arcadehaven.co.uk Port 80
You placed your MyBB installation in a folder called "mybb". Since you haven't done anything with it yet, I would recommend deleting everything. When you upload your files, put all the files in the mybb folder in the root htdocs directory. Don't upload the mybb folder itself.
Home Directory
Web Root (public_html/www)
Public FTP Root (public_ftp)
Document Root for:

so would that be the home directiory p art

sorry i am new to all this and learning as i go
The home directory would be public_html/www. Take all the files in the "mybb" folder and place them in there.
would that be both of these
upload
documention folders

or do you have to open all sep folders and put them all in but not the folders
Pages: 1 2