MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to ban for Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I'm in trouble need your help.

Every time I ban the users and IP address on MYBB forum. They change their IP address to spam the Shoutbox on my website again and again.

I want a way for permanent banning. Something like remembering computer - please help me with the proper solution Sad

Thanks
- Hemani
There's nothing you can do about that. You can try banning a range, for example 192.168.0.*, but you risk banning legit members at the same time. You could also set up administrator validation of new accounts and manually check them.
(2013-07-26, 05:22 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing you can do about that. You can try banning a range, for example 192.168.0.*, but you risk banning legit members at the same time. You could also set up administrator validation of new accounts and manually check them.

They come from different IP's Sad I can't do anything about that... New users register every hour I can't do this also Sad
I would recommend manual validation then until they stop screwing around with you.
(2013-07-26, 05:33 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]I would recommend manual validation then until they stop screwing around with you.

How to do this.. Can you please guide me?

(2013-07-26, 05:33 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]I would recommend manual validation then until they stop screwing around with you.

I also want email notification when any new member register. Please guide me in this process as well...

Many thanks
- Hemani
The way MyBB is by default, you can only do one or the other.
Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options > Registration Method
(2013-07-26, 05:42 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]The way MyBB is by default, you can only do one or the other.

Thanks. Highly appreciate it. I also want email notification when any new member register. Please guide me in this process as well...
Oh, getting a strong Captcha will also help keep out spam
(2013-07-26, 06:11 PM)Lingo Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, getting a strong Captcha will also help keep out spam

I'm not getting spam. I'm getting "real" "fake users" who are promoting their websites in Shoutbox.
(2013-07-26, 05:53 PM)Hemani Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-26, 05:42 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]The way MyBB is by default, you can only do one or the other.

Thanks. Highly appreciate it. I also want email notification when any new member register. Please guide me in this process as well...

You may use the following plugin:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/email-notifica...gistration
Pages: 1 2