MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when sending PM ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I send a PM I get this ...
It does send it, but I still get the error ... why ?

Quote:Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Documents and Settings\Marc Laberge\My Documents\WampServer\www\QcFL\MyBB\inc\functions.php on line 370

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Documents and Settings\Marc Laberge\My Documents\WampServer\www\QcFL\MyBB\inc\functions.php:370) in C:\Documents and Settings\Marc Laberge\My Documents\WampServer\www\QcFL\MyBB\inc\functions.php on line 559

Thanks ...
Do you have a mail server set up on your web server
I don't know ... I'm on my cpu on a WAMPServer ...
But is there a way to send through PHP directly ?
MyBB uses PHP's mail() function. If PHP is not configured correctly (as that is what seems to be the problem) MyBB naturally won't be able to send an email.

Can you try the mail test script at [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) and post the result.
But I'm not sending an email ... I'm sending a PM ...
That's why I'm confused.
If you have set up wamp on your own computer you need to set up a mail server as well.
Here is a guide.

There is a option for people to enable mailing when ever a user PM's him/her.
Ok ... well, I'll wait for it to be on the web and redo the testing then.
I should have a server on my Website.