MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem Installing Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I go to my ACP then go to Templates & Styles then Import a Theme and upload a theme .zip files that I got from the official MyBB Website, make the parent theme MyBB Master Style, select Ignore Version Compatibility, Import Stylesheets, Import Templates then click on Import Theme I get this message:
Quote: The following errors were encountered: MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt.

What am I doing wrong? I got the theme I want to upload from the Official MyBB website, so it should upload with no problem, help!
extract the theme zip file on your computer and use xml file of the theme to upload at the themes section.
images folder of the theme needs to be uploaded directly (not through admin panel) to images folder of files server

see this guidance on installing themes
Okay thanks, but why can't I upload them via the ACP?
^ MyBB forum system not coded like that (however many users are asking for such facility)
I recently seen a plugin that allowed uploading of zipped themes and even puts files in their correct folders. I don't remember where i seen it though. I think i didn't download it because of all the bad reviews though.
^ we have a plugin uploader (reviews). I am not sure that it can be used for installing themes.
I prefer manual installation of the themes and the plugins
If you can't upload themes via the uploader in the ACP then there shouldn't even be an option to upload a theme in the ACP.
^ at present, uploading the theme option is for xml file only. it adds the required contents in the database.
Oh okay I see now and I got the theme I wanted installed.