MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database disappeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

I am a completely new to running a forum, so please forgive any silly questions. However, I have gone through all the docs and searched the forum with no success (possibly due to my own lack of understanding). Blush

I successfully installed and have been running a myBB forum for over a month. However:

- the link between the front-end (and admin CP) and the database has mysteriously disappeared, and all I get is a default "My Forum" with zero posts and one user (myself). I can log in to the admin CP, but it's as if I have a new forum with no users, threads etc., and all my other settings are gone.
- The database size per the host seems unchanged, so even if I was hacked the database still appears to be there.
- I have checked the config file and the database details are correct.
- I have cleared cookies and cache
- I do have a recent backup if I need it.

What am I missing? Huh

Thanks for the help!
from your earlier post, it appears that you have reinstalled the forum and lost earlier content.
if you can provide required credentials through PM then I can check it (you can change credentials later)