MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Put nofollow tag on one specific forum category?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm making my forum seo/affiliate, and got a category for people to share their affiliatelinks. However, as per Googles rules, those has to be nofollow. Is it possible to make all links in posts only nofollow in a single category?

If it makes any difference, I use this theme; Novus Cardinal Templates.
This is the category I want to nofollow; http://goask.it/Forum-Share-your-referral-link. It's ID is 37.
Thanks in advance,
Jonas.
No one who knows how to handle this?
actually using css it can be done. but I do not master the programming language.

This code can hide some categori on forums. This may be an inspiration. :

<div class="hidden_cat_{$forum['fid']}">
... TEMPLATE CODE GOES HERE ...
</div>

global.css :
.hidden_cat_X{
display: none;
}
(2013-08-03, 02:03 PM)ikhwanulfikri Wrote: [ -> ]actually using css it can be done. but I do not master the programming language.

</div>

global.css :
.hidden_cat_X{
}

Uhm, do you even know what a nofollow tag is? Judging by your reply you don't..

There is no way in mybb to do what you are wanting, you could pull it off with template conditionals though.
(2013-08-03, 02:21 PM)Stefan C. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-03, 02:03 PM)ikhwanulfikri Wrote: [ -> ]actually using css it can be done. but I do not master the programming language.

</div>

global.css :
.hidden_cat_X{
}

Uhm, do you even know what a nofollow tag is? Judging by your reply you don't..

There is no way in mybb to do what you are wanting, you could pull it off with template conditionals though.

i think so.
Currently there is no way to do this for just one category, however this plugin makes all external links nofollow, which is really the next best thing.
(2013-08-03, 03:45 PM)AndroidOS Wrote: [ -> ]Currently there is no way to do this for just one category, however this plugin makes all external links nofollow, which is really the next best thing.

Ah, bummer. A complete nofollow would kill the dofollow signature thing.

Would it work if I used robots to disallow crawler access to the category instead?
(2013-08-03, 06:19 PM)Peowdie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-03, 03:45 PM)AndroidOS Wrote: [ -> ]Currently there is no way to do this for just one category, however this plugin makes all external links nofollow, which is really the next best thing.

Would it work if I used robots to disallow crawler access to the category instead?

Hmm, yes I do believe that that would work, but bear in mind that the dofollow signatures would not be crawled in those categories either then.
(2013-08-04, 10:12 AM)AndroidOS Wrote: [ -> ]

Hmm, yes I do believe that that would work, but bear in mind that the dofollow signatures would not be crawled in those categories either then.

It takes 25 posts to get posting access to that section. One link less shouldn't kill anyone Wink
(2013-08-04, 01:47 PM)Peowdie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-04, 10:12 AM)AndroidOS Wrote: [ -> ]

It takes 25 posts to get posting access to that section. One link less shouldn't kill anyone Wink

Great then, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Smile