MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin and Theme Refresh...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey again!
I noticed a slight issue that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on for me. When i install a new theme, the tons of plugins i have installed do not show up on it. Is there a way i can refresh the plugins so that they show up on any new themes i install rather than deactivate/reactivate the plugins? I normally have to deactivate the plugins and then reactivate them for them to show in new themes, which becomes tedious considering that many of the plugins settings are reset and i have to reedit everything.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Dont deactive them only unistall then install & active
+1repme
Either deactivate/activate (in some cases uninstall/install) or manually add variables to new theme(s) - you can look for them in plugin .php files, they are inserted with find_replace_templatesets function. No other way.
The best way to do this is export themes do you have installed, then you have to add all vars manually or auto.

The first way Destroy666 told you how to do. Second you know how to do xD.

Well you maybe do this for future installations or changes:

1.- Made a plugin to do this auto, adding all vars do you have or/and edited.
2.- Activate this plugin told him in wich templates made this changes xD.

Or you have to do all manually, because plugins add new vars to MyBB and you have to put them in templates.
(2013-07-28, 10:56 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Either deactivate/activate (in some cases uninstall/install) or manually add variables to new theme(s) - you can look for them in plugin .php files, they are inserted with find_replace_templatesets function. No other way.

Yeah, thats what i am trying to avoid doing, having to do all the manual work, even on that level. So I'll probably just deactivate and reactivate the plugins that are not showing up. It's the easiest solution for me. I just hate to have to redo the dang achievements again. They gave me the worst time the first time (trying to figure out what medals to give for each achievement was a long and arduous process, lol.).

Thank you guys for all your help, it's much appreciated. I'm glad you guys are here because i would be clueless without you.
Smile