MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Massdrop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone heard of Massdrop? It lets you suggest products you're interested in buying, other people share their interest with votes and then Massdrop talks with the manufacturer and buys directly from them. The more people interested the cheaper it gets.

I am about to buy the Rotring 600 mechanical pencil from there (43% off). I've been meaning to buy one for a while. There's loads of cool stuff you can get. If it's not available just post it and get people interested. There's even a /r/massdrop subreddit to talk about things before taking it to the website.
What can the Rotring 600 do that a Pentel P205 does not just as well?
Sleek design, great feel on the hand and top notch build quality. If this stuff isn't important to you then by all means grab a Pentel P205 or whatever.

I researched it thoroughly (Dave's Mechanical Pencils was very helpful). At one point I was torn between the Rotring 600 and the Uni Kuru Toga Roulette, but the latter's main selling point - the auto lead rotation - seems to be a bit gimmicky and has some drawbacks, so I decided not to risk it since I wasn't able to try it in stores.
So it's groupon but you choose what's on sale? I'll join Toungue.
Didn't know Groupon, I've signed up for it too. I'm surprised it works in Portugal, especially in my city. These US startups generally don't care about other countries.
Is anyone interested in buying a Razer DeathAdder 2013? That's next on my purchase list, I really need to retire my crappy wireless mouse. The Razer DeathAdder 2013 goes around for $50-60 on Amazon and such. I am curious to see how low the price can get on Massdrop.

If you're interested please vote on Massdrop. It's at the bottom, I suggested it myself just now. There are other suggestions as you can see, but I think the Razer DeathAdder 2013 is easily the king of gaming mice.
Just a friendly bump as I finally bought something off of here.

If you're wondering what I got it was this.
Yeah I got the Rotring 600 some months ago. Loving it.

Shipping took some time, but that shouldn't be a problem considering the whole point of Massdrop is to buy stuff really cheap. Support is good. Will use again if I see something I want very cheap. Smile
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/ereader

Help me get a new kindle Toungue.