MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Supported DB Extensions:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello members of MYBB forum, today I'm asking for help with installing MyBB on my forum.
This is where I get the error.
[Image: aMx6l3F.png]
This is the 1.6.10 version of MYBB, I couldn't find any other version, so if possible can someone link me to a different version?

I'm using a vps server and the person who is hosting my site for me has made sure that php is installed as well as mysql, and has even given me the database information already, this person has also checked to make sure everything is accurate on his end.

I'd like some help and some suggestions, the server is on Debian if that helps.
Would really appreciate some help on this as if I can't get help with this, I'll need to register with a free host and make a subdomain for my site which will be very much a pain in the ...
Thank you,
OmgItzBluffer
The server needs the php-mysql (or php5-mysql) extension installed to connect to a MySQL server.
(2013-07-29, 04:00 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]The server needs the php-mysql (or php5-mysql) extension installed to connect to a MySQL server.
As far as I know that's already been installed. Any other suggestions? I really want mybb Sad
(2013-07-29, 04:00 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]The server needs the php-mysql (or php5-mysql) extension installed to connect to a MySQL server.

Hello!
I am the server owner/administrator and I am currently hosting OmgItzBluffer's website. MySQL is installed and so is php5-mysql. Currently the server is running Debian 6, I have just confirmed that everything is running correctly but he is still getting this error.

Thanks,
Matthew Vz
If the server is correctly configured then there shouldn't be any problem. Check that the MySQL extension is available from PHP Info.
may be restarting the server helps ..
After a bit of hacking around I eventually fixed the issue and Bluffer has installed the forum software. Thank you for the help.

Matthew Vz
Got it thanks!