MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Setting forum code for AUTOMATIC email notification for new threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings MyBb community,

Please go gently on me, in case this has been asked before. I've searched the forum (manually and via search) and gone through the 'Read here first' section. Please point me at the right thread in case it's been dealt with successfully before.

I have created a forum for a fairly narrowly defined closed user group. I need to change the code (since it doesn't appear to be an option in ACP) that all registered users (of the site / or of the forum) are BY DEFAULT subscribed to receive email notifications on new TOPICS.

In other words, not just after manually subscribing to an existing thread, but to be notified of all NEW THREADS being posted.

Secondly, is there any way to keep sending the notifications even if the last post had not been visited? i.e. don't shut out users that didn't follow the last notification thread.

This is a small closed community sharing and discussing specific information, and will be happy with this override.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

PS I am still on 1.6.8
Thanks very much for the quick reply! Have not gone through that link yet, but at first glance, this will contain the answers I'm looking for. Much appreciated! R+1 Wink