MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Announcements on Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

Quick question! I searched on the forums but couldn't find anything to fix this issue. I have a post in my announcements section of my forums and have portal set to that section but announcements have not shown up on the portal section.

What have I done wrong?
Could we get a link to your forums please.
Announcements in the portal are not the same as forum announcements.

Think of announcements in the portal more like the latest threads from a selected set of forums. Different from the actual latest threads portal output, which does not care about specific forums (only ones you can access normally), and outputs a list subject, poster, views and reply counts ; the announcements in the portal are the more like a regular postbit but for the latest threads across a set of forums.

Forum announcements are separate and will not be shown in portal announcements.

Honestly, portal announcements should be called "important threads" or similar.
(2013-07-29, 07:36 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Announcements in the portal are not the same as forum announcements.

Think of announcements in the portal more like the latest threads from a selected set of forums. Different from the actual latest threads portal output, which does not care about specific forums (only ones you can access normally), and outputs a list subject, poster, views and reply counts ; the announcements in the portal are the more like a regular postbit but for the latest threads across a set of forums.

Forum announcements are separate and will not be shown in portal announcements.

Honestly, portal announcements should be called "important threads" or similar.

This is what I am looking for but I have a post in that one section and it's not showing in the portal section. Did I not set something right?

I would show my forums but they are selective per user.

Nevermind. Sorry about that. I found it Smile
delayed response - please ignore

if you are referring to actual announcements posted on the forums then they do not appear on the Portal.
Portal shows latest threads posted on the set forums as the announcements.
please create a test account and give the proper permissions to view that post and then provide details and URL in a new thread in Private Inquiries forum and a link to this thread and someone will help you out.