MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Database problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently our users could not log into our forum. Upon checking the Error Log, I found that there was an SQL problem. We were getting errors regarding not finding the database.

I called my ISP and they said the SQL database was EMPTY. No corrupt files or any part of any data .. just completely blank !!

What could cause this? It was fine at one point and about an hour later when I attempted to log in, it was broken.

Can someone guide me to how I can restore the database? I have an old SQL database backup file but frankly don't know much about SQL.

Thanks .. Rich
Fast guide:

Login to your cPanel.
Fire up PhpMyAdmin
Navigate inside your database (by choosing from the left column).
Drop all the available tables.
Click Import (at the top).
Choose your old database file and upload.
It will rebuild all the tables as per your old database.
Wow that was fast .. thanks ..
Are you talking about the control panel in the MyBSS application? or the control panel in my web provider's app ?

(2013-07-30, 03:38 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Fast guide:

Login to your cPanel.
Fire up PhpMyAdmin
Navigate inside your database (by choosing from the left column).
Drop all the available tables.
Click Import (at the top).
Choose your old database file and upload.
It will rebuild all the tables as per your old database.
Web provider one.
Watch the third tool.

[Image: O1LsTmt.png]
Ah I think I'm supposed to be working with my web provider's control panel. My CP doesn't look like your example. When I contacted my host tech support they tried to help, but said I needed to contact someone who was familiar with maintaining a web site and data base. When I first installed this BBS, it was pretty much a plug and play thing. Had a few questions that were all answered here easily.

I'm afraid I'm in over my head. Here is what my control panel options are:

PHP Manager, FTP Accounts, MySQL Manager, and File Manage. Looking in the PHP Manager and MySQL Manager I don't understand anything there.

My host is Aplus.net The techs at Aplus were supportive and found the problem but said (as nicely as they could) I needed to learn how to deal with the very basic level of web site and SQL management. The said my SQL database has been wiped clean and has no data. And any support would have to come from the MyBSS technical support.

Wish I knew what I was doing. Blush

- Rich

(2013-07-30, 03:51 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Web provider one.
Watch the third tool.

[Image: O1LsTmt.png]
I believe "MySQL Manager" is the tool you have to deal with.
But, if your support desk is friendly and they are confirming the DB is empty then you can just handover your old dump to them and raise a request for import.

I don't think support desk will sell out your DB to public :p Decide yourself.
Thanks for sticking with me ... I'll take a look in that area tomorrow morning. Thanks for your help ... I'll let you know how I make out.

- Rich

(2013-07-30, 04:24 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]I believe "MySQL Manager" is the tool you have to deal with.
But, if your support desk is friendly and they are confirming the DB is empty then you can just handover your old dump to them and raise a request for import.

I don't think support desk will sell out your DB to public :p Decide yourself.