MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can we devise a new ranking algorithm??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All!

I'm new to Mybb, and setting up a new forum using this wonderful software.
I've two queries and I request the members to help me out with an answer

1. Can a user edit his usertitle, if yes how?

2. Can I apply a new ranking alogrith in this forum, without just relying on the number of posts?

Thank you in anticipation
1. Go to the users profile - Click 'Edit this user in Admin CP' - Find 'Custom Usertitle' --- Then type in the box what you wish to change it to and press 'Update User' down the bottom right hand side. Smile --- Edit: This is only if you want to change their user title once, if you want to let them change it for themselves then read what DennisTT has said below. They should be able to change it from their UserCP after that. Smile

2. Not sure what you mean by this.
I could only think of one thing you were thinking about, you can sort the Member List by; Registration Date, Username or Posts.

Hope I've helped, I know the first one is at least right. Smile
rh1n0 Wrote:1. Go to the users profile - Click 'Edit this user in Admin CP' - Find 'Custom Usertitle' --- Then type in the box what you wish to change it to and press 'Update User' down the bottom right hand side. Smile

2. Not sure what you mean by this.
I could only think of one thing you were thinking about, you can sort the Member List by; Registration Date, Username or Posts.

Hope I've helped, I know the first one is at least right. Smile

thanks a lot for your reply. In my opinion ranking alogorithm here are caluculatied using the no of posts alone. Can I give a user some customised title based on the rating of thread and no of posts. Precisely, can I allow users to rate each others' replies, and use the rating a user collects over a period of time to decide his customised title??

Hope I communicated it clearly this time.
With the current system, no, but you might post in the Code Mods forum, somebody there might be able to help you.
For #1, you can edit their usergroup, and set the option "Can Use Custom Titles" to Yes. That will allow users to change their custom user titles by themselves.
DennisTT Wrote:For #1, you can edit their usergroup, and set the option "Can Use Custom Titles" to Yes. That will allow users to change their custom user titles by themselves.
thanks for reply
i would like to give a user a new user title based on his replies. which are rated well(i.e., i want user a title based on his reply how it is rated rather than based on the number of posts posts or replies)
thanks for reading