MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb user friendly redirect page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys could you tell me please if user friendly redirect page makes my forum faster or slower?
Thanks
I'd suggest to keep user friendly redirect pages ON though many do not like using them and feel that they are slow.
they are useful in informing users that specific actions are done. however, you may use Inline Success messages plugin
to minimize some of user friendly messages specific to user control panel settings.
I like them I am just wondering if they speed things up or low them down?
they neither speed up nor slow down the forum actions.
(2013-07-31, 02:41 AM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]I like them I am just wondering if they speed things up or low them down?

In a way it will speed it up because you will go direct to the next page and skip the friendly. You can try it yourself: User CP > Edit Options > Bottom Right uncheck "Show friendly redirect pages." > Update Options.

All your members have the option to use it or not. Smile
(2013-07-31, 12:26 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-31, 02:41 AM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]I like them I am just wondering if they speed things up or low them down?

In a way it will speed it up because you will go direct to the next page and skip the friendly. You can try it yourself: User CP > Edit Options > Bottom Right uncheck "Show friendly redirect pages." > Update Options.

All your members have the option to use it or not. Smile

So do you recommend to have it enable for all users?
(2013-07-31, 07:02 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]So do you recommend to have it enable for all users?

Your choice mate, I have it enabled for all members and let them decide.

You could explain in a help thread how your members could turn it off if they wished.