MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] Plugin refresh for newly installed themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently dealt with an issue that I found to be a pain in the butt. The problem is, the plugins i have installed and all the settings for these plugins are set perfectly, but when i install a new theme, some of the plugins don't show up until i deactivate, uninstall and reinstall them. The problem is having to redo all the settings to be as they were prior to uninstalling.

Is it possible for someone to make a plugin that will refresh the themes so the plugin data shows up on newly installed themes? I think this will make it so much more easier for noobs like me to use Mybb and not have to constanly keep redoing the same settings every time a new theme is installed.
Thanks for listening. Smile
It's impossible. If you install a new theme you must reinstall plugins that make template edits.
(2013-07-31, 09:04 AM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]It's impossible. If you install a new theme you must reinstall plugins that make template edits.

Hehe, it was worth a try. I'm sure someone long time ago said mybb was impossible. Smile Thanks for the response.
it should be possible to automate the clicks (deactivate & reactivate) however some manual work would be
still required (for eg. you may have to remove earlier deactivated plugins files)
automated clicks should be possible with javascript / jQuery or you can try using an utility like AutoIt
(2013-07-31, 09:33 AM)Z3R0XZ3R0 Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe, it was worth a try.

So try it yourself.

Guideline for the plugin:
1. Create a function to detect already installed & enabled plugins.
2. Function to inspect all find-replace template codes of the activated plugins and put in an array.
3. Detect timestamp of the last activated plugin.
4. Identify all the themes installed after that timestamp.
5. Run find-replace template code array to only those identified themes' tempates.

Easy, right?
(2013-07-31, 10:00 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-31, 09:33 AM)Z3R0XZ3R0 Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe, it was worth a try.

So try it yourself.

Guideline for the plugin:
1. Create a function to detect already installed & enabled plugins.
2. Function to inspect all find-replace template codes of the activated plugins and put in an array.
3. Detect timestamp of the last activated plugin.
4. Identify all the themes installed after that timestamp.
5. Run find-replace template code array to only those identified themes' tempates.

Easy, right?

We'll yes it is possible (I shouldnt have said it was impossible) What I should have said is its not something that would work as a community plugin, as different admins have different plugins installed, so it would be impossible to create a plugins that works for everyone. So unless you create the plugin yourself for your own forum, I highly doubt anyone is going to create this.
a properly made plugin should do this when you deactivate & activate it again, without losing any other data/settings. unfortunately many plugins don't get this right.