MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple "Portal" Pages?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

So what i want to do is have multiple pages that work just like the portal, but for different functions, like the portal these pages would be accessible from the top navigation bar ( i know how to do this part) but i don't know how to actually create and manage which threads are displayed on these other pages.

Right know the portal pulls threads from a specific sub forum that i designated in the ACP. If i were to simply duplicate the portal page and rename the copy's i wouldn't know how to control from which forums it pulls threads.

Any Help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben
if you use copies of portal.php file then you have to hard code the required settings in the files
or add the control settings through admin panel configuration settings (just as plugins do).
let us wait for the experts guidance
Make simple pages (Follow some guide, lol) that work with mybb PROPERLY.

Use the queries IN portal.php in your new pages & use 'fid' in the WHERE clause to specify ONLY specific forums.

If you don't know PHP then reply here, I will post codes for you.
(2013-07-31, 04:44 PM)Cedric Wrote: [ -> ]Make simple pages (Follow some guide, lol) that work with mybb PROPERLY.

Use the queries IN portal.php in your new pages & use 'fid' in the WHERE clause to specify ONLY specific forums.

If you don't know PHP then reply here, I will post codes for you.

I would much appreciate it if you could post the code, i know a little bit of php, but i don't trust myself to do things correctly just yet.

Do you by chance have a link to one of these guides? I really want to have this be a fully integrated forum page so it shows up as a location on the site when checking what page users are looking at, etc. which is why i thought of duplicating the portal.

@.M. knowing how to do that would be very useful as well, does anyone know how to hard code the settings in the portal.php file?

Thanks!
Anyone? Big Grin
Not loosing hope....