MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this fine? Core Edit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was adding the ACP Pin from the tutorial that Paul made, and it seems like it has changed and differs from what is said in the tutorial so I took a wild shot and read the php code and I added it like this:

*Scroll to the end
if($mybb->input['action'] == "unlock")

{

$user = array();

if($mybb->input['username'])

{

$query = $db->simple_select("users", "*", "LOWER(username)='".$db->escape_string(my_strtolower($mybb->input['username']))."'");

$user = $db->fetch_array($query);

if(!$user['uid'])

{

$error[] = $lang->error_invalid_username;

}

}

else if($mybb->input['uid'])

{

$query = $db->simple_select("users", "*", "uid='".intval($mybb->input['uid'])."'");

$user = $db->fetch_array($query);
		$acpuid = $mybb->user['uid'];
<!--WHAT I ADDED-->	
    	if (isset($config['acp_pin'][$acpuid]) && $mybb->input['pin'] != $config['acp_pin'][$acpuid]) {
        $default_page->show_login("Invalid PIN","error");
		}
<!--END | Nothing else was changed, just this portion was added.-->

if(!$user['uid'])

{

$error[] = $lang->error_invalid_uid;

}

}

Tutorial:
http://www.mybbsecurity.net/topic-add-se...-acp-login

Would what I added cause a security issue or is that fine?

Thanks,
Hydra
Place it at the top of the file, you dont want running any code at all if the user is a guest.
On top where?
[Image: YSAoiVr.png]
No colour. The top.
I'm not sure you understand, unless if I'm misunderstanding you.

I am a guest when I go to ACP to log in. What exactly is happening when I move it to the top? Btw, the file I'm editing is ./admin/index.php
You should also heed post #2 of that page you linked to, it's good advice.

And a few posts below it's even there as a plugin, why not just use that if you absolutely want it.
(2013-07-31, 10:55 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]You should also heed post #2 of that page you linked to, it's good advice.

And a few posts below it's even there as a plugin, why not just use that if you absolutely want it.

A plugin isn't what I need because that is changeable thru ACP, but no one will have access to files directly besides me. It's more secure.

And I have updated the code regarding Post #2

Now back to the question, is the way I have it fine or do I still need to move it as it was suggested before? I tested it and works fine but not sure if there is a security vuln now.