MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Releases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dam I did it again, can a mod move this to General Discussion ? Sorry !!

Im not gonna comment on a specific theme release thread, but i'm going to give an opinion here on a thread of my own. It makes me laugh so much when someone releases a premium mybb theme and states in their thread "I dont want any feedback". Would I be correct in saying (In most cases) that the author knows in his/her heart and soul that the theme is just average and they instantly anticipate negative comments ?

If a theme designer is proud of what they created and are completely satisfied that the theme they have created is a worthy premium theme, they should be looking for feedback not discouraging it. I use this initially to distinguish what is and what isn't a worthy premium theme. Not allowing feedback on your thread is a sure tell tale sign that even the author knows its not a premium theme. People should take note of this behaviour when looking to purchase a theme too.

Again, its an opinion. Some will agree some will disagree, what are your thoughts on this ? (Applies to plugin releases too)
Well it's up to the designers. Some think their theme is perfect and don't want to add more stuff. I honestly think they are right, if they are looking forward to sell their theme, they don't want any sale trashers or any criticizing.