MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Page Gap and Footer Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I'm new to css and html and am doing my best to wrap my head around it. I've got my MyBB forum almost where I want it (thanks in large part to many helpful searches of this forum). I'm modifying the 1point6 theme and have run into a couple of stumbling blocks ...

1. How can I get the top border from the page flush against the bottom border of the header menu? See pic below ...

[Image: ss93.png]

2. How can I get the footer to wrap correctly? I moved the original header menu links to the footer to make room for custom header links and now the footer sticks out on the right side. See pic ...

[Image: 3x60.png]

Thanks!
1. Try resetting the margin or padding by doing margin:0; padding:0;
( The best thing to do is right click -> inspect element -> see what element is doing what. Upon that you can see if either the top bar is pushing the content down conversely )

2. Seems like it is out of its wrap. Try moving up the $footer part in the wrap again. OR you may have closed to many </divs> which resulted in breaking the wrap.

I hope this helps Wink
Thanks for the reply!

I added the padding code to the .menu CSS in Global CSS and tweaked it to get it to sit flush. However, when I zoom out of the webpage I see a one pixel gap between the body and header at zoom settings of 67% and 90%. Otherwise its flush. Any ideas on how to fix that? <previewing in Chrome>

Will work on the footer wrapping issue in a bit ...

Figured out the second problem thanks to your advice to inspect the element. Turns out I had the submenu's width set 60 pixels too wide. Smile