MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guest's Can't See Which Users in Who's Online List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I installed the Who Visited Today plugin with no issues and it works fine and may have had nothing to do with this, but I didn't check if this happened before that. The guests can view the Who's Online area just fine, but it always only shows that 1 guest is viewing the forum, despite who might actually be on. The URL is wepcgame.com/forum and the installation is new except for a few minor modifications.

Some screenshots:
What online users see:
[Image: 3RBI8.png]
What guests see:
[Image: 3RBHL.png]

I can, if needed, post any code that might be relevant; thank you in advance.

Edit: after another user signed on I re-checked. As a guest I was able to see them but the Administrator account was still hidden; I confirmed neither my user settings or group settings were hiding the account from the list.
give a test user account so that someone can check it
(2013-08-02, 03:48 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]give a test user account so that someone can check it
^bump I'm having the exact same problem as him. My site is myhunterxhunter.com

(2013-08-02, 03:19 AM)nifty_ Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: after another user signed on I re-checked. As a guest I was able to see them but the Administrator account was still hidden; I confirmed neither my user settings or group settings were hiding the account from the list.
On my site guest can't see neither. I think this started to happen after I installed My Advertisement today. I deactivated it but its still the same.
Plz provide test user account
(2013-08-12, 08:21 AM)New2mybb Wrote: [ -> ]Plz provide test user account
Here, Username: Test
Password:testaccount

Edit: Just like what the OP said, I made my moderator login and guest can see him. They can see him but not regular members and admin.
Have you tried testing from another IP? I ran into the same issue with my forum, and it turns out MyBB clears out old sessions from the same IP when a new session is created, so it appears that the admin account is hidden if you check from another browser as a guest.

Have you tried checking from a proxy such as icyproxy.com to see if this is the issue?
(2013-08-12, 04:26 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried testing from another IP? I ran into the same issue with my forum, and it turns out MyBB clears out old sessions from the same IP when a new session is created, so it appears that the admin account is hidden if you check from another browser as a guest.

Have you tried checking from a proxy such as icyproxy.com to see if this is the issue?
I'll try, but that was my theory too. So how do you like my new Mybb forum? Wink
(2013-08-12, 04:30 PM)freakeyy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-12, 04:26 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried testing from another IP? I ran into the same issue with my forum, and it turns out MyBB clears out old sessions from the same IP when a new session is created, so it appears that the admin account is hidden if you check from another browser as a guest.

I'll try, but that was my theory too. So how do you like my new Mybb forum? Wink
Send me a link and I'll check it out.
Yup you're right Darth, I did check from another IP and I can see everyone. Weird cause I use to check from another browser and I can see everyone before.
Glad that seemed to have solved the issue. I guess it's not really a bug, but it does seem to confuse a lot of people who pay attention to that sort of thing. Toungue
Pages: 1 2