MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switching to Bluehost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey bala,

As someone with a hosting background let me stop you from.using bluehost. They have slow servers,oversold servers, and do not Cate for their customers.

Try other web host I personally usr cortexnetworks.com
Ok, thanks for the help guys. So what do you say, I leave my free one year bluehost and stick with go-daddy for time being until I afford a new host?. Or shall I try dreamhost as they offer the first year for well 20$.
Dont use any unlimited web hosting provider is what I am saying.

They all over sell and if you use to much of the server resources they will suspend your account and then your forum is offline. Of course any web host will do the same but in terms of hosting. Big host like just host, hist gator and many others are owned by the same company eig international.
I've heard that BlueHost is pretty strict on CPU limits and whatnot. I use http://hawkhost.com and they're great.
Thanks Theezy. Go-daddy has limited disk storage and technically unlimited bandwidth and I have not experienced a problem with them since I started about 6 months ago.
The only problem is taking backups in go-daddy is a big pain.
I have a few suggestions but cheap and good hosting does not belong in the same sentence.

You can either pay for good hosting like HawkHost, CortexNetworks, HostMantis, StableHost....

or

You can pay for cheap hosting and have a bad experience and possibly loose your forum if the server crashes or have downtime so your members can get to your forum.

Its up to you the owner and admin to provide the best environment for your forum and members.
(2013-08-03, 09:27 PM)DennisC Wrote: [ -> ]Dont use any unlimited web hosting provider is what I am saying.

They all over sell and if you use to much of the server resources they will suspend your account and then your forum is offline. Of course any web host will do the same but in terms of hosting. Big host like just host, hist gator and many others are owned by the same company eig international.

I can think of a few very reputable & fast growing unlimited hosting providers, ourselves included. 99% web hosts oversell it is about managing it properly. Essentially there is no difference in offering 100GB quota for $5 than unlimited for $7.
(2013-08-06, 06:42 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-03, 09:27 PM)DennisC Wrote: [ -> ]Dont use any unlimited web hosting provider is what I am saying.

I can think of a few very reputable & fast growing unlimited hosting providers, ourselves included. 99% web hosts oversell it is about managing it properly. Essentially there is no difference in offering 100GB quota for $5 than unlimited for $7.

Not the place or the time to debate. Smile
But for the record, I do not use those host either.
Pages: 1 2