MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design, and Progressive Structuring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I personally find that too cumbersome when compared to the current implementation - which is way more user friendly than the example you provided. That would only reduce the amount of theme developers we'd have, since they'd need to learn how to use both, AngularJS and BEM CSS.
I'd say it introduces different kind of theme developers: those who push CSS to do their thing. The current HTML is hard to work with so it keeps out those who want better HTML but don't bother changing everything. To me the current templating is the opposite of user friendly. Especially the editor for raw CSS and HTML. It works work simple tasks and needs. Anything more and it's awful. I don't know if the new editor in 1.8 is truly much better, but I hope it doesn't have those odd bugs the current one has (such as underscore not being displayed).

BEM is very easy to learn, because it is a very simple concept. Besides if HTML is already well made then you already have less to complain on not having CSS control. AngularJS is of course harder as it can involve some true programming, but depending on the needs it is possible to provide convenience functions.
The new one is the SCEditor, it seems to work well. Anyway, 2.0 is too far away still, I'm sure we'll speak with theme developers when the time comes, to figure out the best implementation for our future templates system Smile
(2013-10-08, 09:23 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]The new one is the SCEditor, it seems to work well. Anyway, 2.0 is too far away still, I'm sure we'll speak with theme developers when the time comes, to figure out the best implementation for our future templates system Smile

You mean codemirror right Wink?
Yes, SCEditor is New Reply/New Thread, sorry Toungue
Yep. This needs to become standard practice now.
Pages: 1 2