MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another way to redirect to portal.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, today i talked to my host, about the "DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html" in .htaccess giving the 500 error, and they said they don't have anyting to do against that, and i should use another mean to redirect, like a code maybe in index.php.

Is there a code i can use to redirect my users to portal.php? I even tried the portal redirect plugin, but it's not so good. It only redirects you 1 time, and not every time. Is there any other way to make it to redirect, same as the "DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html" method?

Thanx!
Have you tried this method uzurpatoru? http://community.mybb.com/thread-43811-p...#pid300258
Hmm,i saw that post, but i am really scared because there is to much modifications to make. I am not scared of making the modifications, but scared i will screw the forums up. Meaning, all the buttons i have so far, mayb won't work...
If you take a backup of everything (as you always should before making changes), then if something does go wrong you can always restore the files and database.
It easy to revert back to original. I believe there are hardly 5 modifications or if you want you could download a backup of your forum to be on the safe side.
You are right. I will try it and see what happens, and return with a reply.