MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to install plug ins without filezilla?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried uploading a plug-in in forum pinoydepression.com. But when I tried to upload it always cut, and I cannot upload the plug ins correctly. I don't know why?, I think its my connection. I want to install phpfreechat or ajax chat. I want also to install FB sign up, FB share and FB likes and of course anti spam plug ins. Is there a way that I can install it without using an FTP client? thanks.
you can try using plugin uploader for installing some of the MyBB plugins (but not all the plugins)
however plugin uploader first needs to be installed manually then only you can try using it

BUT it is better to find the cause for disconnecting of filezilla as manual installation is preferable for plugins

OR if you use firefox browser then you can try using fireftp as the ftp client
Does your webhost have an in-browser file manager available from the control panel? If so, you might be able to use that.

If you don't have an in-browser file manager, you might want to contact your webhost. I don't believe there is a way to upload plugins without FTP or a file manager with MyBB.
Or, if you have phpmyadmin or plesk on your server you can do it with the filemanager
Okay I'll check on it. i think my hosting has that.

okay my cpanel has a file manager how can I upload the plug-in?. Do I just upload it in plug-in folder?
(2013-08-05, 05:21 PM)december32000 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I'll check on it. i think my hosting has that.

okay my cpanel has a file manager how can I upload the plug-in?. Do I just upload it in plug-in folder?

http://docs.mybb.com/Plugins.html