MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Request Notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question. I have my forum set up to require admin activation upon registration. Problem is, I'm not getting emails alerting me to activation requests. I would have thought by default an email would be sent to the admin address during these occurrences. What am I missing?
By default you would not receive any emails. To receive emails upon new registration, use the following plugin:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/email-about-new-members
Is your server allowed to send email?
And you would need a mod to receiver email of new registrations.
Ok thank, I'll install the mod. Yes, email is set up and working properly.

OK, installed the mod and working fine for the most part. The only problem I am having is when I receive the email notification the subject is showing [New User] has signed up for 'my site'. Doesn't seem to be working as its not showing the actual registrants name. Within the email all is good, its just the subject.
The plugin seems to add a settings group in ACP. Check if you have any new settings associated with the plugin you installed earlier.

Go to ACP>Configuration>Settings
Yes, I've checked these. Has [New User] bla bla bla as email subject. Seems like its supposed to send you an email with the new users name variable updated to whatever the user's name actually is. Well, if it isn't intended to do that, it should. The content format of the sent email has variables for names and email address and so forth. I tried moving the %username variable to the subject but didnt' work.

Here's the subject and body format data:

Subject:
[New User] has signed up on xxxxxxxxxxxx

Body:
A new member has registered at xxxxxxxxx

User Information
User-ID: %uid
Username: %username
Emailadresse: %mailadress
IP-Adresse: %ip
After checking the plugin file, it seems that %username is the right variable to display usernames but by default it doesn't include username in the subject, only in the message.