MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Last Post link -> last read vs last post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Previously the last post link used to go to the last post that you read on a page, however after my site was hacked I re-installed from scratch and upgraded to 1.6.10 and since then the last post now goes to the last post in the entire thread.

My users all preferred the previous of going to the last read post and I was wondering if this is a setting somewhere?

I haven't been able to see a plugin that I used to do this nor have I been able to identify any related settings.

Cheers
Dan
Could you possibly provide a picture of how it looks now and a link to your forum?
Last post link always points to the last post, not last unread.
The green arrow at the left side of thread title in thread list points to First unread.
Possibly, however the look and feel aren't really an issue.

It's the little arrow on the threadlist that takes you to the last post of that thread.

(2013-08-05, 11:32 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Last post link always points to the last post, not last unread.
The green arrow at the left side of thread title in thread list points to First unread.

Interesting, that wasn't what I was seeing under the previous versions. I can modify the links though which will resolve it. Cheers
No,that takes to First Unread.

See, the links are simple:

showthread.php?tid={$thread['tid']}&action=lastpost
showthread.php?tid={$thread['tid']}&action=newpost