MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issues accessing my board to install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having issues connecting my domain to my board. Can you please tell me what I did wrong below?

I used namecheap for my domain:
[Image: 3Vb4E.png]
(I got the nameservers ips in)

I uploaded everything to the root of the FTP (FTP does work)
I think it has to do something with my domain and that I did something wrong..
"WWW" is for your forum and I believe "@" is for your mail system. So type in "EDMCentral.net" in www.

Also, why are you using URL redirect? I mean, are you trying to redirect your domain?

By the way, since this is domain related, MyBB community forums won't be able to provide much support as it's out of their control. Try asking your domain provider if they could probably guide you with the domain settings.
(2013-08-06, 03:58 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]"WWW" is for your forum and I believe "@" is for your mail system. So type in "EDMCentral.net" in www.

Also, why are you using URL redirect? I mean, are you trying to redirect your domain?

By the way, since this is domain related, MyBB community forums won't be able to provide much support as it's out of their control. Try asking your domain provider if they could probably guide you with the domain settings.

I've been using icyboards for a while and forgot how to do the domain portion of setting up a forum as I just a new host. Thank you for the help!
The value of "@" should be you server IP address and the record type should be A.
(2013-08-06, 04:33 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]The value of "@" should be you server IP address and the record type should be A.

The person who is hosting it for me saids that the nameservers should do it, do I still need the server ip?
You are editing advanced DNS. Just set the nameservers.

Or if you at all wanna do that way, make a CNAME record and put the host domain instrad of IP.
(2013-08-06, 06:25 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]You are editing advanced DNS. Just set the nameservers.

Or if you at all wanna do that way, make a CNAME record and put the host domain instrad of IP.

Thank you so much!

For others who are having trouble look below as an example (FOR NAMECHEAP)

@---{WebhostingServerName}--CNAME(Alias)---
www---http://YOURDOMAIN.net---URL Redirect
I can help you prob, I had these problems myself few months ago XD first time using Namecheap. PM me.
(2013-08-06, 08:51 PM)Cart3r Wrote: [ -> ]I can help you prob, I had these problems myself few months ago XD first time using Namecheap. PM me.

Please enable your private messaging
Isn't it resolved yet?
I can see its working and you have uploaded the MyBB files, not installed it.

[Image: qkAFiqq.png]

Please wait for some hours as DNS changes takes time to reflect globally. Its natural.

[Image: diFVPhl.png]

Still, further read:
http://www.namecheap.com/support/knowled....aspx/579/
Pages: 1 2