MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Advice] Security in MyBB,Part I, Apache & File System Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello There.

Today, after all that I was away of you, I decided to publish here some notes about security and securing your MyBB forum in the Web. With all of my experiences in reading and studying web hosting configurations and either web softwares, found good enough permissions to work with MyBB and I know that more than these permissions are not needed and will be a risk.

For those that they want to make their sites secure, I advice to apply all of the offers of this notification on theirs site.

I am going to post more notifications about security in MyBB if this one has a good public acceptance.
very helpful tutorial,
thank you, i'm waiting for the second part
thankx imei, Realy great tutorial
Brilliant!! Thanks for taking the time to share that Smile
Thanks imei.

One question, how would I permit/deny post/get to specific files? From what I know chmod only controls r/w/e in three groups.
again, sorry to bring up an old thread, but my change permissions have three groups for options:

Owner Permissions
Group Permissions
Public Permissions

Are you suggesting all of these are the same, or is it only for one?
Would love to see some followup on this issue. I personally am really uncomfortable with setting any file permissions to 777, especially anything that's .PHP or a well-known setting file in a publicly-viewable architecture like MyBB.

Sad