MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Promoting group confusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I run an anime and gaming forum. I have 3 groups that upgrade by posts. The default primary group, an anime group and a gamer group. That way the users can have their rank match who they are. But it doesn't let them change their Primary group, and it won't promote secondary groups. Is there a way I can let them choose what primary group without going in and doing it myself?
Even if they are in a primary group and if you have a group which allows users to set as their display group, that will be allowed but to change primary groups, they would have to contact an admin.

Example

Group name apple allows their users to set as their display group.
Group name strawberries is their primary group.

While being within their primary group, they can set apple as their display group which will replace their username color, userbar, user stars, etc with the apple groups username color, userbar, etc.
but "apple" can't level up unless it the primary group. That the problem.
Oh I see. You want users to be able to choose which group to set as primary group, right? If that's the case then I don't think that's possible without a plugin. (Well off course you don't need a plugin; Using a plugin would just make it easier.)
But there is a way to do it? If so how?
You can request a plugin in the Plugin and Code Modificatins section or hire someone from Requests/Services/Jobs .