MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prefixes bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

The bug in thread prefixes is being abused in many forums as it becomes commonly known. I'm talking here about the fact that the prefix validation doesn't really check at all..
function verify_prefix()
	{
		$prefix = &$this->data['prefix'];

// If a valid prefix isn't supplied, don't assign one.
		if(!$prefix || $prefix < 1)
		{
			$prefix = 0;
		}

return true;
	}
So basically, everyone can put a prefix in every part of the forum, which is pretty annoying in some cases.

I've tried something myself but I can't get the validation working at all, even when the return is set to FALSE, it keeps passing the validation.

Does anyone has a working fix to get the thread prefixes validated upon post?

AFAIK it has been noted in the bug section several times (oldest one dates from 4 months back), and it's not really fixed yet. I wonder if someone actually tried making a fix for it Smile

Thanks in advance,
Tankey
Are you basically saying that people can use thread prefixes in all forums instead of some forums where those prefixes should be used? If so then have you enabled it for "All Forums" in ACP?

Go to ACP>Configuration>Thread Prefixes>PREFIX NAME>Edit
Yes and no.

Use expect element to take the code from a forum which is allowed to use the prefix and copy it to a section forum which was not selected for using the prefix. The post just parses the prefix and it will be shown nevertheless the fact a forum and/or user is not allowed to use it.

Feel free to checkout yourself.