MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can i get people to sign up to an empty forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Undecided .
Hire paid posters, advertise, buy advertisements on other websites and have great content on your board. To be honest, they are many more ways, it just depends on how you use them and when.
Unique content is king, end of story.
(2013-08-07, 11:31 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]have great content on your board.

(2013-08-07, 11:45 PM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]Unique content is king, end of story.

Content in what ways?
The forum is just part of my website which is focused on finance, wouldn't it take more than once person to create a discussion which is classed as good content :/
Quote:wouldn't it take more than once person to create a discussion which is classed as good content :/

Well not really because if you have a really good topic or a trending post on your forum, you are bond to get traffic which also means more members who specially joined due to that very post/topic and if they like your forum then they will most likely post on your forum but mostly start with replies which leads to discussions.

How to make people like your forum? Just make sure you have these on your forum (Off course there are more but the below ones are the must have).
  • Easy to Navigate
  • Nice layout
  • Friendly Community or at least Friendly Staff W/ Staff who know what they are talking about.
  • Rules are kept to minimum
  • Activity (Best if the forums don't look dead)
(2013-08-08, 12:05 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ].

Thanks, is it a good idea to enable guests to be able to create threads or not (to get the ball rolling)
Although I tried it once for a few hours and all I got was Chinese people advertising fake Nike Airs
(2013-08-08, 12:05 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:wouldn't it take more than once person to create a discussion which is classed as good content :/

Well not really because if you have a really good topic or a trending post on your forum, you are bond to get traffic which also means more members who specially joined due to that very post/topic and if they like your forum then they will most likely post on your forum but mostly start with replies which leads to discussions.

How to make people like your forum? Just make sure you have these on your forum (Off course there are more but the below ones are the must have).
  • Easy to Navigate
  • Nice layout
  • Friendly Community or at least Friendly Staff W/ Staff who know what they are talking about.
  • Rules are kept to minimum
  • Activity (Best if the forums don't look dead)

i want to say same what arabz said but he stolen it from me
(2013-08-07, 11:59 PM)jayy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-07, 11:31 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]have great content on your board.

(2013-08-07, 11:45 PM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]Unique content is king, end of story.

Content in what ways?
The forum is just part of my website which is focused on finance, wouldn't it take more than once person to create a discussion which is classed as good content :/

Content that is new and not available anywhere else. It only takes one person to post a good article. If the article is good then the discussion will start.

The reason someone creates a forum is because they have an interest in the topic and have a good knowledge of the topic, therefore they should be able to post their own unique content. An important piece of advice, don't start a forum and expect the community to build it up. The building up of your forum is your job, the community adds to that once you have quality content.