MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to edit the archive template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Where is the archive template or file? I know that its just a stripped down version of the forum, but it somehow still gets search engine rankings.

Thank you.
archive section does not use the templates system. it is displayed through separate files (./archive folder)
if you do not want search engines crawling to the archive section then you can disable it by using robots.txt file
Thank you for mentioning that, question answered.

So would I be able to edit the layout of the archive index.php? I would like to add an image in the header, and another image on the left hand side, floated left.

How would I do that? Is that in the index.php archive file?
Does anyone know how to add, remove, or edit anything in the Archive Template?
you can not edit archive template it default
(2014-07-20, 04:01 AM)bharatsharma Wrote: [ -> ]you can not edit archive template it default

You can, it is found in the folder archive/index.php but I don't know how to change the title of the forum manually, I only know how to insert items below the header block.

Does anyone know how to change the header block, mainly where the title is?
(2014-07-20, 04:21 AM)Greg Winston Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to change the header block, mainly where the title is?

check in ./inc/functions_archive.php, you will have the "function archive_header" there...