MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS Feed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning!

I am having an issue with the RSS feed produced by a few of my own MYBB forums. When I submit them to Feedburner, they are telling me that it is not a valid feed. I know that in years past, I have been using the RSS feed in Feedburner.

I am wondering if something has changed, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your response.

(2013-08-08, 01:37 PM)Clarence L Hamilton Jr Wrote: [ -> ]Good Morning!

I am having an issue with the RSS feed produced by a few of my own MYBB forums. When I submit them to Feedburner, they are telling me that it is not a valid feed. I know that in years past, I have been using the RSS feed in Feedburner.

I am wondering if something has changed, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your response.

If this issue has already been addressed, a link is appreciated...

Thanks again for your great service at MYBB!
What feed are you using?
(2013-08-08, 01:52 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]What feed are you using?

I am using the RSS 2.0 Default on all the forums (3) I use...
Can you provide an example link? Smile
(2013-08-08, 02:04 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide an example link? Smile

http://clarencelhamiltonjr.com/syndication.php?limit=15

This is a new MYBB that I just uploaded yesterday; however, the others have been live for some time...same result on the RSS issue...
This is the response I get when trying to submit:

Quote:Received HTTP error: "Forbidden" while fetching source feed.

It looks like the server is blocking requests from Feedburner's servers. Have you tried contacting your webhost?
(2013-08-08, 02:09 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]This is the response I get when trying to submit:

Quote:Received HTTP error: "Forbidden" while fetching source feed.

It looks like the server is blocking requests from Feedburner's servers. Have you tried contacting your webhost?

I have not, but will do so...

Wonder if there could be a setting in my cPanel that I missed?

Issue Solved

Well, thanks to Nathan, I checked in my cpanel backoffice. I had been deluged with spambots hitting my domains lately and had blocked some of the IP addresses thinking that this would help. In error, I must have blocked the Feedburner as well...

Anyway, live and learn...case solved!

Once again, thanks MYBB for a great forum format...

Just one additional comment...

MYBB offers great support on this forum. I had not submitted my ticket on the RSS issue but for a very few moments. Nathan was right on cue. Just another reason to use MYBB for all your forum needs!