MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Text needs to be un-bolded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In my forum, the author name shows up with the formatting that is set in the group settings. In this specific spot, however, I would not like it bolded. Here's the code in forumdisplay_thread...

<div style="font-weight: normal;"><font size="1pt">Author: {$thread['profilelink']}</font></div>

If I can find where the 'profilelink' is made, I can make another variable that holds an unformatting profile link. Is there any other, better, or easier way to do this?
try
font-weight: none;

? Big Grin
font-wieght: none; didn't do anything. font-weight: normal; was an attempt by me to override the style set in the group.
<div style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 1pt;">Author: {$thread['profilelink']}</div>
Thanks for the help. The font size changed and is now corrected to 8pt, but still, it's bolded.
(2013-08-08, 07:27 PM)stratbasher Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help. The font size changed and is now corrected to 8pt, but still, it's bolded.

Can you provide a screenshot or website?

Oh, are you trying to make your username not bold? If so, you would have to edit this {$thread['profilelink']}.
Yes, I would like the username not bold, and yes, I figured I'd be editing {$thread['profilelink']}, but I can't get ANY information on it.

*EDIT - And the website link was the word "here" in my first post.
{$thread['profilelink']} is a variable, value of which gets set through PHP at runtime.
The values through a variable appears bold in MyBB by <strong>...</strong> markups.

If you wanna make all your bold texts made by <strong> tag to normal, you can add this in your global.css:

strong { font-weight: normal; }

or

strong { font-weight: 300; } // value 700 is for bold.

If you want particular strong field appear to be normal(no matter if it is a variable or text), bind it in a class and then normalize. Like:

In Template:
<span class="normalweight">{$some_variable}</span>

or

<span class="normalweight"><strong>Some Text</strong></span>

In global.css:
.normalweight strong { font-weight: 300; }
Alright. In global.css, I added....

.super_mod_style {
	font-weight: bold;
    color: CC00CC;
}

And my template for my super-mod user group is...

<span class="super_mod_style">{username}</span>

My style is not showing up at all... The usernames are now just the standard font color, no weight. Once I get the style working, I can then begin to change it.
First:
<span class="super_mod_style">{username}</span>
^^ Is it in template? I guess no, its your usergroup name style.

Second:
Here is your mistake:
.super_mod_style {
font-weight: bold;
color: #CC00CC;
}

Use a hash (#) before your color code. Its a color hex value.
Pages: 1 2