MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been wanting to change my forum from smf to mybb. I know the converters are not available....I need to convert smf>>>phpbb>>>mybb

Problem is I am running mysql 5.....and smf will not convert to phpbb

please tell me there is another option.
If you can suffice to wait a month (or two) for the official converters to come out, perhaps? Smile
I can wait...just don't want to..... SMF is invisable to search engines.... Not one relavant page indexed in over 4 weeks. With vb i was getting 50 per day on average.

hmmm maybe smf>>>vb>>>phpbb>>>>mybb..... I got some work to do....
Almost got it on one of my smaller ad sites.... I am at mybb just can't log in as all passwords changed even the admin for mybb.... I don't understand that but whatever...it seems to be working. Long process to get where I need to be.....

I am not looking forward to my bigger sites.
Look like you made a bad mistake not choosing MYBB before Toungue Smile , well anyway your problem can't be solve now i think.
DP24 Wrote:I am at mybb just can't log in as all passwords changed even the admin for mybb.... I don't understand that but whatever...it seems to be working. Long process to get where I need to be.....
You'll likely have to use the reset password feature. Just guess here, but the passwords changing might have something to do with SMF storing password differently than MyBB.
DP24 Wrote:I am not looking forward to my bigger sites.
Good luck with them. Smile