MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Members are randomly being deleted!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some of my members are randomly being deleted!? How do I prevent this!?
Make sure member prunning is not on
admincp > Configuration > Settings > User Pruning > set off first option
(2013-08-09, 03:47 AM)New2mybb Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure member prunning is not on
admincp > Configuration > Settings > User Pruning > set off first option

I've had that option off since I'm started my forum. Why did it delete members? Anyone know? Also, can I get the members back along with their posts etc? Thanks!
Which plugins are you using
(2013-08-09, 05:35 AM)New2mybb Wrote: [ -> ]Which plugins are you using

I have a lot of plugins. Can you name some that might cause this issue? Cheers.
Thats very rare problem but maybe some spam protection plugin to that so i am asking which spam plugin you have and one more thing how many members deleted and theres any similarity in all
(2013-08-09, 06:09 AM)New2mybb Wrote: [ -> ]Thats very rare problem but maybe some spam protection plugin to that so i am asking which spam plugin you have and one more thing how many members deleted and theres any similarity in all

I don't recall of having any spam plugins and I only noticed 2 members that were deleted. Could have been more but that's all I know of. Sad
Thats really odd that 2 users deleted maybe other admin deleted and do their post exist or that also deleted
do you have goodbyespammer plugin
(2013-08-09, 07:20 AM)New2mybb Wrote: [ -> ]Thats really odd that 2 users deleted maybe other admin deleted and do their post exist or that also deleted
do you have goodbyespammer plugin

I'm not sure. I really don't think my admin would have deleted them. Yes, their posts are still there but it says "Unregistered" and what not. ALL of their stats are gone. Sad What should I do? Can I restore the members manually? Sad
If you have a lot of plugins then go to ACP>Configuration>Plugins and copy and paste all the text using the code tags.

It's very hard and as good as impossible to restore all those users only if you don't have an earlier backup of your database.

Also, Go to ACP>Tools & Maintenance>Logs>Administrator Logs

Do you see any action saying X user was deleted by X Admin?

Did you also check your task logs? Go to ACP>Tools & Maintenance>Task Manager>View Task Logs

Post the first 2 pages of your task log using the code tags.
Pages: 1 2