MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum doesn't work with Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Opera ect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I do have a big problem with my board at the moment.
Only Google Chrome visitors can visit my forum board without having any trouble.
This is how is how it's supposed to look like:
[Image: 28u4nxy.jpg]
this is how it looks like using different browsers:
Firefox:
[Image: wlxab8.jpg]
Internet Explorer:
[Image: 2db8qo9.jpg]
Opera:
[Image: eS71xK5.png]

We tried Safari too, it's very buggy! Please, anyone? Is there any way to solve our problem?
Our forum url is www.maxiumgaming.com
Try it yourself, only Google Chrome seems to load normaly.

Our plugins:
AdvancedProfile (3.0)
Ajax PM Notification (1.8.1)
Fast Quote (1.5)
Akismet (1.2.2) <-- Not activated
Hello World! (1.0) <-- Not activated
Last Visitors in Profile (1.1)
Login Password Conversion (1.3)
My Awards (2.3) <-- Not activated
Profile Buddies (1.4.1)
Registration Security Question (1.2)
Thank You/Like System (1.5)
Run it through validation and fix any errors.

http://validator.w3.org/
Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
Result: 104 Errors, 11 warning(s)

Ohgod...

How am I suppose to fix this?

Help, anyone? :/
Well, below each one it tells you what needs to be done to fix it.

The first one is fixed by adding type="text/javascript" to your jQuery noConflict code block.

For the next two take a look at your markup, you have <div id="header"><a> in your header template, the <a> is never closed and, as the validator page says, can not contain block-level elements (which the next two divs are). Here, I'm assuming that <a> is not supposed to be there, so remove it.

Following that, you you have a number of form fields and <br> elements that need the close brace to be changed to />.

Just work down the list. Each error will explain what needs to be done to fix it. Generally, fixing one thing will in turn fix a number of other errors too.
Where can I find the jQuery block?
HeaderInclude template in your Ungrouped templates
You start from the top and work your way down the page. With each error fix you'll likely fix other errors because if you have an open tag then it throws off just about the whole page. In other words one error could cause dozens of others. Most people screw up their header and footer templates with poor code.
I've been trying to work on the forum for a day now. Can't really seem to find the error. I even did what you guys said.

It also says "?rndtime=13760839341081348729" at end of the url. What does this mean? I searched it up but found a thread where the Author only said he solved it but it was never told any way how. Anyways, this is the topic I saw: http://community.mybb.com/thread-120587.html

We're really stucked..

Question, could it be the css that is messed up in the header?
Alright, so, in the headerinclude template remove the <script type="text/javascript"> from the first line. In the same template, around the 25th line there will be a
<script>
jQuery.noConflict();
Change that <script> to <script type="text/javascript">. ~15 errors down.

Open the header_welcomeblock_guest template. At the end of each input element change the > to />, for example:
<input name="action" type="hidden" value="do_login">
becomes
<input name="action" type="hidden" value="do_login" />

In the same template, find the </form> tag and move it down so that it is after the </div> on the next line.

Still in the same template, a few lines later there is a <div class="guestpanelwrapper">
which contains a number of &nbsp. Each one of these needs a ; after it (So they all read &nbspWink

I would also suggest moving that bit of CSS from the template into your main stylesheet.

See how far that gets you. I can also see a number of things on the portal and portal_announcement templates that need some adjusting (mostly tags being open and closed in the wrong places)