MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wrong post date on Google ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i search some keywords from my forum on Google.. I got wrong post date. Is this normal or something wrong with my forum setting ?

[Image: 1414141.png]

this post was made on 4th august

[Image: 44444.png]

but on the search engine, same post but wrong month ??
Well the date is right. The problem is your settings, you are not using the American date format.

In USA, the date format is M-D-Y and in some other countries the date format is D-M-Y

So Google most likely misunderstood your date format. It's also recommended by MyBB not to change the date format which you can see while editing the setting in ACP. To change the date format, Go to ACP>Configuration>Settings>Date and Time Formats>Date Format>m-d-Y
(2013-08-10, 10:26 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Well the date is right. The problem is your settings, you are not using the American date format.

In USA, the date format is M-D-Y and in some other countries the date format is D-M-Y

So Google most likely misunderstood your date format. It's also recommended by MyBB not to change the date format which you can see while editing the setting in ACP. To change the date format, Go to ACP>Configuration>Settings>Date and Time Formats>Date Format>m-d-Y

But when i search on google search engine. The post shows it was made on april..

one thing i noticed about is all posts i made in august had the same problem
Yes, I agree with the April date part on Google. That's what I'm basically trying to explain.

Let me explain it to you in another way. If you take a look at the two screenshots, the year in question is "2013" which is correct but now in the first screenshot is says 08 and in the second screenshot it says 8. Now if you pay attention to the main part which is the 04 in the first screenshot is being counted as the month in Google. Here is a list of months in order.

1. January
2. February
3. March
4. April

Now Google is considering the 4 as the month. I believe there's just a problem with your date format.